I made a decision a few years after college in my first “career” that I needed a change. I dropped out of law school and left my job at a non-profit agency to waitress at Baker’s Square while getting an associate’s degree in dietitics. Does that sound like the act of a lunatic?? Luckily for me no one in my family ever questioned me or made me feel bad about these decisions.
I always knew I wanted to be a mom and I knew I would stay at home and bake brownies until they went to first grade. But now here I sit working full time for $6 less an hour than my husband that works a factory job. I would not change these decisions because without them I would not have my husband or our sweet little girl but I do want more.
I’m in the process of cutting my working hours to spent more time home. I have taken out dozens of books from the library on budgeting and cooking on a tight budget. H0wever, I couldn’t find any blogs on this subject so with the encouragement of a new friend I'm branching out and starting a new blog. Come visit me at http://cheapthoughtsbyjgrutzie.wordpress.com/ I look forward to sharing my thoughts and recipes with you, and getting your ideas in return. Now let’s pinch some pennies and make some delicious meals.
This is so funny to me because I started a different kind of cooking blog on the same day I think! Great minds think alike I guess. We'll have to share with each other! :)
ReplyDelete