Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow Day




January 13th, 2012. First snow of the season in West Allis. Abby kept shouting "snow, snow" all morning while we were eating breakfast. On the way home from work the night before, I saw a girl her age playing with her sand toys in the snow. I couldn't wait to take her out the next morning.

We ate breakfast. Then I asked "Abby do you want to got outside and play with snow?". Her eyes light up and she shouted "Snow snow. Le's go, le's go". So we bundled her up and she was so excited.









She took some tentative steps. She refused to wear her mittens.











She stood for a photo op.










Then she started to freak out. "Cold, cold, cold". "door, door". Abby's first snow day, lasted about two minutes. But doesn't she look cute in Mya's old snowsuit?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I think Mya only wore that snowsuit for 2 minutes too!! And she cried the whole time!! AK

    ReplyDelete