If they gave licenses for homeowners I don't think Tim and I would pass the test. After almost 5 years we have finally done some home projects. In an effort to alleviate my guilt that Abby will feel neglected with the new baby, we changed a useless room into a small "playroom". A place that Abby can hang out in but is not for babies.
 |
| Abby and baby "taking a nap", before we moved the toys in. |
 |
| Hamming in up in her playroom. |
 |
Princess P
My favorite thing about this age is that she narrates everything she does. She talks nonstop at home, even when she is playing by herself. Some of our new favorite words and phrases:
-What's this?
-What doing, Cassie/mama/daddy?
-My try
-I wanna have it.
-I'm reading (whenever you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do). She's really saying leave me alone
- You coming. or Om on.
-I wanna take a bass (bath).
She has been into pretend play for along time now. Right now she loves pretending to be a cat or a Cassie, a dog, a T-rex, a baby adigator or a T-Rex. She'll sit with her little people zoo animals for up to 30 minutes acting out some scenario about a mommy, daddy and baby. Just in time she has gotten into taking care of her baby including putting her to bed or down for a nap, giving her a drink, giving her a ride or in one interesting moment a timeout. Hopefully she'll be into helping us out with baby stuff.
Her favorite places to go are the zoo, story time, either one of her grandma's houses and any local park. I can't wait to be able to walk instead of waddle so we can go to the zoo and park more often like we used to.
I've really been soaking her in these last few weeks. My big baby girl, love her so much.
|
cute!!! great use of space grutz's!!!!!! love all the little things about that special BIG girl! RR
ReplyDelete