Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm hiding.

Tim's been gone for 12 hours now and these kids are trying to break me.  Emerson is in his crib.  Sleeping? Who cares! He's quiet.  Abby's watching a Wild Kratt's episode from the library.  I'm sitting by the fan hoping that any minute I'll hear "IT'S DADDY!".

Then I'm going to run out the front door and never come back.  Grab one of the tents and live at Yellowstone Park.  12 hours with at least one kid crying for 11 hours makes for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong day.

Sometimes I think that if He doesn't give us more than we can handle He sure likes to push us to the limits.  Every time I thought I was really going to lose it Abby would reign us back in.  "I love you so much Mommy" or singing to Emerson so he wouldn't cry.

So tonight as I prepare for bed I'll try to remember those squeals and laughs as Emerson had his first time on a swing.  The way Abby gently hugged and kissed Emerson after their naps. (YES, she napped today. Thank you Jesus).  The I love you so much Mommy when I belted her in the car at 6 pm for the emergency Target run for formula.  The quiet "hi" and wave from the baby that screamed all the way home from the store but was so happy  to see us when it was over.  Or my favorite of the day - as I was yelling at her to come clean up the water she spilled "Mom, leave me alone. I'm trying to go potty in here". Hahahahaha.

I'm trying to soak it in ladies.  But sometimes a beer might help.  Wishing us all an easier day tomorrow.  Abby has found me and said "I want you again".  Soak it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment