Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Putting it out there.

People don't often tell their goals to others because then they will have to work on it.  How dumb do you feel when someone asks you how is such and such going and you haven't done a thing?  This year I finally followed through on a resolution.  I got to my goal weight and worked out 3 times a week nearly every week.  Sure I didn't really start until August but I did it.  Eventually.  And I found an activity that I can do to reduce stress and get the kids out of the house.  Friday nights is our new gym night where I go to Zumba and they "play with the kids".  Both kids love it.  It helps that one of the ladies at the Kid's Club is "Grandma Barb".  What better motivation then an hour away from the kids when they are enjoying themselves.

This year I want to:
1) work out 4 x a week to maintain my weight and reduce stress.
2) Get a 3.5 GPA to maintain my scholarship.
3) Become a better couponer and stick to the budget.  Otherwise I won't be able to do any of the other things I want to do in the list below.

Other things I would like to do:
4) Purge this house of excessive stuff which includes a joint rummage sale with a good friend.
5) Get the backyard presentable.  This includes getting a patio put in since the deck is falling apart.
6) Read the entire New Testament in one year.
7) Repaint Abby's room.
8) Repaint the kitchen.
9) Finish the toy room.
10)Stay on budget for our annual vacation.

I know it sounds like some of these "other" things could be down all together in one weekend but not in this household.  So if we accomplish 2 of thse "other" things I will be one happy lady.

What is the biggest goal for you this year?  Did you meet a goal last year?  Happy New Year!
My new skinny face.  12# down!



1 comment:

  1. i think you can accomplish all your tasks. YOu are so practical and goal oriented. I need to be that way. HELP! where are you guys going on vacation this year/ RR

    ReplyDelete