Thursday, November 4, 2010

Daydreaming

Some people dream about being rich or famous. When a long, painful work day has got me down or the boiler breaks I think to myself "if only I were a pilgrim I wouldn't have to worry about this". I can fantasize about this for hours.

Can you imagine? Working at home. Sustaining your family on what you can make and grow. Cozying up to a warm fire on a cold winter's day. Sure there was cholera, scarlet fever and attacks by bandits or native Americans but wouldn't it be great to have no debt and just focus on family? Not have to worry about which bill to pay first. Not have to worry about punching in the right time clock at the right exact moment. No cell phones, no computers. I wonder if they had comfy pajamas.

Since Tim says we can't live in a tent in Yellowstone Park I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming. Maybe next time he has car trouble I'll win him over.

1 comment:

  1. so fun to me that THIS is what you daydream about. reminds us all to keep it in perspective. be grateful? for all the things we have. i guess it's a double-edged sword...
    pw

    ReplyDelete