Wednesday, January 12, 2011

9 month update from Abby

Today we saw Dr K. I usually like seeing her because she tells me how pretty I am and smiles a lot. But today she kept touching my mouth and my ear and it hurt so bad. Now I have to take some yucky pink stuff for an ear infection. I spit half it out at Mommy today. I can't wait to feel better so I can eat more but I'm so sick of medicine. Dr K said I can pretty much eat whatever Mommy and Daddy do, which I have been trying to tell them for weeks. They just don't get me sometimes. Why just today I tried to grab Daddy's sandwich but he just got up and ate somewhere else.

Besides the ear infection, I'm doing great. Growing right on target. I'm 28 inches (just under the 75th%ile, bet I'll be tall like Uncle Jay and DaDa), 19 pounds (50th%ile) and DaDa says I have his huge head in the 90th%ile. The best part was NO shots. I still looked at the nurse suspiciously the whole time because she always comes back with a needle. I've got to keep my eye on her.

I'm still crawling around chasing the cat but letting her get away, dancing while Daddy plays guitar and driving Mommy nuts because I refuse to say MaMa. Sometimes for fun I'll say Mmmm and even one soft tiny Ma, but no MaMa's. I laugh so hard every time she tries to get me to say it. Then I saw Da-Da just to make Daddy laugh. Mommy's friend Becky told her one day she'll wish I didn't know how to say it. I still don't like to nap at home but will nap 2 hours every day at Lori's because all the big kids are and there's no one to play with. My new favorite food is soft cooked peas and chunks of banana. I recently discovered I can move around by holding on to the furniture. I have two teeth and some more on the way. I'm having so much and learning every day. Here's some pictures from the last week.




Showing off my two teeth.



Enjoying a rice cracker during playoff games.

My Daddy's so silly.


If you don't wear Packers' gear during the game they'll lose! It's true Mommy told me.



No comments:

Post a Comment