Monday, March 7, 2011

Anticipation

Since Tim and I got married we have taken a road trip every year. Since we work so hard we do everything we can to make sure we can financially afford a 7-10 day trip every year. We don't spend much money on entertainment each year so things always work out, even when the furnace breaks or we lose a car.

Where have we been? 2007 - Memphis before we headed to Gordonville, TN to get married. 2008 - Practically the whole state of Arizona including the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, and Sedona. 2009 - The Badlands, the Great Tetons, Yellowstone and Rocky Mountain National Park.

This year it took a lot of coaxing but Tim convinced me we can do it, we can take our first family vacation. So we are going to drive to Great Smokey National Park in Eastern Tennessee. We reserved a cabin for 4 nights. It's fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, toiletries, linens, everything you need to feel at home. This way we can sight see during the morning and then let Abby run free in the evening with plenty of room. There is a glider inside and rocking chairs on the porches so we can read and rock our little bundle to sleep each night.

As in everything else I do, planning a trip is a big process to me. I love planning, organizing, packing for the trip almost as much as the actual trip. I've already started collecting maps, guides and tips for traveling with a toddler. I've found our official trip journal that I have documented every trip we have taken thus far. Each night of a trip I unwind by going through our favorite memories of the day and what we saw and such exciting moments as the hail storm and tornadoes on our last trip. Every trip has it's own photo album, yeah I'm one of the rare few that still prints pictures. That reminds me I better get a new album. I can't wait to share those memories with Abby someday.

Here's a link to the cabin we are renting. http://www.townsendgetaways.com/Mountain_Breeze_About.html
The owner said we have swimming privileges at a club near by that has a baby pool she thinks Abby will love.

I love bears. Besides penguins they are my favorite attraction at the zoo. I saw one bear at Yellowstone when my cousin and I went with my grandparents and was hoping to see one again when Tim and I went. It will be unbelievable to me if we don't see a bear this year. There are 1500 bears in the park or 2 per every square mile. Tennessee here we come!

1 comment:

  1. alright you officially talked me out of travelling there. i'm DEATHLY afraid, no TERRIFIED of bears. I dream about them all the time. I'm so scared...although the trip sounds amazing and super duper special. So happy for you and tim and ms. A too! can't wait to see pictures already. let's start the countdown! RR

    ReplyDelete