I don't spend as much time in it as I would like these days but the kitchen is my favorite room in the house. We bought this house mainly because of the kitchen size. There's so much room to walk around that when Tim is my sous chef he's never in my way. There are lots of cabinets and drawers. It's perfect. Every item has its spot.
Since we've had the baby I can not keep it under control. The first months of Abby's life my mom would come every week and clean it and later I would clean it while she played with Abby. If it's a mess I can't handle it. My whole world feels like a mess. I won't even cook. We had take out for 2 weeks straight because no one had time to wash the pots and pans when Abby was sick and we were too tired after. I feel stressed, tense, mad, fatigued, anxious when it's a mess. I honestly have trouble sleeping but am too tired to do it which makes me mad and keeps up longer. I snap at my co-workers. I nag Tim, he nags me. It's awful. But how can you keep up a house with two full time working parents?
All these feelings because of a messy kitchen?? YES! I love cooking and eating with my family. I love hearing how much Tim liked my new recipe and the feeling of eating a good, healthy meal. I love watching Abby try a new food and cry for more or look at me like I just poisoned her. Without my kitchen I'm a wreak.
So this week has been a slice of heaven. Tim has been on Spring Break from school. Instead of laying around all day watching basketball or playing video games or whatever things guys do to unwind, he has spend hours a day cleaning my kitchen. I feel so relaxed, happy and healthy. This week I have made homemade balanced dinners every night while Abby plays with her kitchen set. I clean like two dishes and the next night when I get home everything is fresh and clean and ready for the next meal. Abby tried kiwi, cauliflor, edamame, fish, and sugar snap peas this week and loved them all.
I am so grateful for this time Tim has given me. Abby and I can just play and laugh until its bed time, instead of me trying to clean while she cries for my attention. I even made two meals to freeze for next week. Thank you, thank you, thank you Tim. You are my hero. I'm so grateful that you married me.
(A side note, this morning he walked us out to the car because it was icy. What a sweetheart!)
i LOVE my kitchen, favorite room to stand and talk to my husband and have "family" time and cook and bake and munch. hard to keep clean. jealous of your SPACIOUS kitchen....yes you heard me. someone is JEALOUS of your house. RR
ReplyDelete