Tuesday, March 29, 2011
A Shoe Story
This last weekend we had a family gathering in which, brace yourself, Abby did not have shoes on. I know! What a neglectful, abusive parent. Since she can't walk and we were going to be sitting the whole time at a restaurant I did not see a problem. Nearly every member of this side of my family however commented on her lack of foot wear and I fear that she will now be getting only shoes for her birthday gifts. So today Abby and I went to the mall, one of my most hated places to go, to fit her little feet for her first pair of shoes that she will hopefully wear. She usually just wiggles out of the fashion shoes she was given as a baby so I haven't been in any hurry. We went to Payless where they measured her tiny feet and she looked at the saleswoman as if she was insane for touching her feet. Then we went to look at the selection. Abby was not interested at all because there was a little boy running around that she was watching. So we bought some shoes for outside, if it ever gets warm again, and some cute shoes for her 1 year photo session this weekend. They are so tiny and cute. I couldn't wait to put them on her feet and take her outside. As soon as I tied the first one she started crying and crying. I grabbed one of her favorite toys and headed out to the deck anyway. She'll cheer up in the sunshine, right??
Apparently I might as well have put her in cement shoes, she stood like this for several minutes, afraid or unable to move.
So I thought she might be more comfortable scooting back on her bike, she can't scoot forward yet. This was only more upsetting.
Well how about trying to walk Abby? She stood and stood and whimpered and "yelled" at me. She did not take a single step no matter what I tried to use to bribe her. What a little diva. Guess she's not that into shoes just like her parents. Well at least I had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BRAVE mom buying those WHITE cutey shoes!!! wonder how dirty they'll get. hee hee. We never took E to get measured. bad mom......go YOU for at least making sure they DO fit right. RR
ReplyDelete