Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's for dinner 2?

One of the reason's I love Tim is that he loves food. He's not too picky. I made one of his favorite dishes tonight because in between school and work he washed a ton of dishes. I asked him to wash one little pan and he washed several drying rack full loads. Secondly I made it for him because it is one of the easiest recipes ever. It also freezes great and has been a favorite of everyone that I have made it for.



Pasta Bake
1# ground beef ( I usually use ground turkey)
3/4 a box of rotini or penne
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
about 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Boil water for the noodles and start browning the meat. Once the noodles and meat are cooked combine in a 9x13 pan with the sauce and parmesean cheese. Stir so that sauce is evenly distributed and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbley.

**I usually put some red pepper flakes in and sometimes add mushrooms and onions or maybe spinach to change it up. But Tim always likes it best just the 5 ingredient recipe above. I feed this to Abby for the first time today and she ate almost as big a portion as I did!!

What's your go to easy meal? I'm running out of ideas.

1 comment:

  1. used to be spag. not so much anymore. tacos are always there and easy. now i'm making rice noodles with cucumber, corn (other raw veggies) and soy sauce. i have sauteed them-almost like lo mein. i think i make a pretty good stir fry which can be time consuming with the veggies but WORTH it. love love love talking food with you and friends. RR

    ReplyDelete