Working full time and coming home to no husband can be physically and emotionally draining. Coming home after a second shift job and your wife and daughter are sleeping is also emotionally taxing. We make it work and make the most of our time as a family. But for me it's just not working anymore.
My mom recently read an article about ways to figure out if you can stay at home or work part time. One suggestion was to try for a few months to live on less income, so for example we are putting away half of my salary towards bills like the furnace and car loan. So far things are working out - we've paid off our furnace 3 months earlier, saved a lot of money on eating out, spent more time at the park, and only had to take from savings once. But we're still scared.
Tim still has one more year of school that we have to pay for and then his student loan bill will come. There are some projects we would like to do on our house. What if something major breaks like my car?
But it would be great to work full time and see my family more. Have more time to mother my child and to not feel so behind at home. And to be honest I would love to nap everyday when she naps. How do others make it work? Should we take the plunge? What are your thoughts?
I have about a 5 page document in response to this prepared for you, but I don't really want to post it all here! I only have your work email, though, and I doubt you want it sent there ;)
ReplyDeleteT