Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The second child

 It's official, I have a full blown case of mama guilt.  I'm trying hard to enjoy these first days at home with two but you're stretched so thin it's hard to ever feel like you are doing a good job.

I feel guilty that Emerson is not getting the attention that Abby did when she was born from us and the extended family.  Yes, that is true but he won't remember right?  I feel guilty because we don't take a dozen pictures a day of him.  In fact a whole week probably went by that we didn't get a photo.  I feel guilty for continually comparing him to Abby -super baby, one of the easiest babies ever born.

Abby is as wild as ever, which prior to a second child I loved.  Everything she said or did was so funny or cute to me, unless she was harassing the cat.  Now all these endearing qualities drive me insane.  I worry that she feels left out or less loved because Mom is busy more often and doesn't play as much.  I hate that she has picked up the catch phrase "not yet", because we say it too often to her now.  I worry that at night when she is crying about having more milk or a certain stuffed animal or a diaper change that she is really saying I need one more hug.   I worry that she's not as happy as she used to be.

 But these pictures of Abby with her little brother give me hope that despite all this hardship for Tim and I now, that these two will be close.  I hope that they will love each other their whole lifes and be each other's first call (well maybe second after Mom) with all good or bad news in their lifes.  I hope that they will be good to each other and close friends.  I hope that their kids will grow up together and share every birthday.  I hope they will be in each other weddings. I hope their spouses get a long.



Most of all I hope that they will have as much fun together as these little rascals did and that they will always have each other to go to when mom and dad are driving them crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment