Hi friends and family. Emerson just wanted to give a little wave and a smile.
He's taken 3 doses and he seems so much better. He is still spitting up but not every time he eats. Grandma Kathy even gave him a 2 oz bottle that he kept down today!!! This made me happiest of all because know I can leave the house GUILT FREE. It also means Tim and I can take turns putting Abby to bed because he can give Emerson a bottle. Also, he's taken several naps today, did tummy time, sat in his bouncy sit contently for 35 minutes, and "played" in his play yard with Abby without crying. This is how I remember it being with Abby and I feel so relieved. He still has small crying fits but things are looking much better. It's so frustrating to know your child is hurting and that there is nothing you can do to help.
His stats this month were 10# 10 oz (75th% ile), head was 75th% ile and length 22 1/2 inches (85th % ile). Uncle Jay says he's going to be a big boy like his uncle and Daddy.
Abby is in love and in many ways too helpful. She wants to carry him, burp him, dress him, shove his nuk in his face and show him how to play with every toy they both own. For the first few weeks of his life she called him "baby person" but has taken to calling him Emerson. Tim and I miss it but know this nickname will stick with the rest of our family even if Abby doesn't say it anymore. She is a really loving sister just a little too strong and loud, but she is so helpful getting me towels, burp rags and throwing away diapers as I need it. Her temper tantrums are getting stronger and longer so this weekend will be a special one for Abby. Saturday she will have an adventure with just Daddy and Sunday with just Mommy. That's right folks, Mommy is going to give up precious football time for this little girl.
Can't really believe he's already a month old! Yikes, how time flies. So, so, so, sooooo glad and thankful that he is responding well to the reflux meds!!! Sad for everyone when baby is sad!
ReplyDeletepw