Thursday, January 3, 2013

Busy

Abby's sleeping over at Grandpa Dave's and the house is too quiet.  I miss her nonstop narration of our daily life.  "Emerson smiling at Abby, Mama.  Daddy at work.  Tricia at school.  Mama, you cleaning up?"  As Grandma Marsha says she is always busy.  As soon as she walked in Grandpa's house she went straight to the toys, which were all the same except for one which she found immediately.  While I gave them the run down of her routine she blew her NYE noise maker and meticulously removed every toy from the bin.  She hardly had time to say good bye to me.

These days she is busy playing "princess" with her little people castle and dinosaurs.  Her imagination is amazing.  We love to just sit and listen to her reenacting moments from her day or her favorite show dinosaur train.

She often demands to "my try" for any cooking or cleaning tasks.  She frequently requests to do a craft or paint.  A few times a day she'll take a break to look at some books and then it's your turn to read 4 of them to her.  I wonder if she'll be the kid in the yearbook in every activity. These days I don't get much done because I am just in awe of her and spent so much time watching her.

What's really amazing to us is that all of sudden she remembers things.  When we go to the library she starts singing all the songs from story time, she can recite large parts of picture books, and give you directions how to get to Lori's house or the playground.  Recently we started telling her what is on the agenda for the next day and as soon as she wakes in the morning she reminds us that we are going wherever it is we told her the night before.

Emerson's busy getting stronger in preparation for all the milestones to come - rolling over, sitting, crawling.  He's been establishing a pretty regular routine so today I'm exhausted from his weird night last night.  Maybe he too is missing Abigator.  He's eating less often and spitting up less which seem to be good signs that his medication is working.  Like his sister he is "talking" a lot.  We really don't remember Abby being so vocal so young.  He likes to sit in his swing and look at the elephant and smile and tell him all kinds of stories.  Even though Abby is not always gentle with him, she always gets a big smile when she first comes over by him.

Tim's busy trying to determine what his new career should be.  It's so hard in general to find a new job and like many of us he just doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.  He's been real busy at night these days waking up with Abby at least once per night.  The doctor says it's night terrors and will pass.  He never complains, he just goes in there and comforts her and drags himself to work the next day.  He's such an amazing father I'm so glad he picked me for his wife.  He's also working on getting our season tickets again so we can have some dates this year.  We slacked in this department last year.  With his new hours at work he was able to get back into the bowling league again.  I'm so glad he gets this break in his week to hang out with friends and do something he enjoys.  It's so interesting how much the "team" has changed.  Half the guys have children now so when he tells me about the night the conversations are so different and the nights out shorter.

Jessica's been busy daydreaming about all the changes that need to be made on the house and all the healthy changes we want to make for ourselves.  We have to get our deck taking down.  I'm hoping for a patio and a fence for the backyard.  Hopefully before my next time to host book club.  Still loving book club and my great friends I've made there.  Although it is getting harder to read the books.  I didn't finish the last one and Louise was astonished "But YOU always read the book!".

Tim and I are back into our work out competition where whoever puts in the most time that week gets to pick the Netflix movie that week.  With my new obsession with Homeland, he doesn't have a chance.  Have you seen it.  I love it.  I wish we had Showtime so I can watch the new season.  I made it to the gym yesterday for 60 minutes with big plans for today but Emerson knocked all the energy out of me.  Tim and have another new obsession - blockus.  It is such a fun game.  Game night anyone?

This year I'm going to work on figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.  I don't think a dietitian is what I really want.  I'm looking into the area of public health.  Any ideas/suggestions for me?  I just have so many interests it's hard to decide what I really want to do.  I know I want to work with people and make a difference in their lifes so nutrition could still be a fit for me.  I just need the right job.

Today will be more of a resting day then I planned.  And a waiting for Abby and Tim to get home kind of day.  I really feel blessed to have such a great little family.  Maybe I'll make it to the gym tonight when Tim gets home.  My resolution is for 3x a week which I think is manageable.  Two more to go this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment