Thursday, January 10, 2013

My baby

The most surprising thing to me about being a mother is how much you can really love another human being.  Every time Abby gets sick or hurt my heart hurts for days.  I can barely sleep or eat.  Every little thing is magnified - a cough could be Croup, chest congestion pneumonia, a bump to the head a traumatic brain injury.












I was discussing this with a good friend and wondered if parents that don't work in a level 1 trauma center immediately think the worst.  Am I just introduced to too many weird happenings and horrible tragedies?




Once again my sweet girl came through with no visible scars.  I'm still crying more than her.  So today when a strange man asked me for money for gas I gave him almost all I had.  I kept the pennies because I thought it was rude to hand him pennies and 25 cents for Aldi's.  I wish I had a 20 dollar bill to give him.  God has been good to us and I wanted some insurance.




I love you more every day Abby.  Even when you're sassy, even when you're mean.  You will always be my baby girl.  You bring so much joy to our life.


I love your free spirit.
 I love your curious nature.
 I love that you are always up for an adventure and love love love your daddy.
I love most of all that you are quick to smile, quick to laugh and always up for a good book and a hug.  You are my first born and will always hold a special spot in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment