Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Things I don't want to forget

Abby continues to amaze me with the things she says.  Recently she has been asking a lot of questions about seasons and starts most days by looking outside and saying "Spring Please".  She even wished on a star a few nights back for Spring.  When it snowed again Tuesday, she said "What? Where did THIS snow come from?"
____
She's very protective of her brother lately and gets mad at me whenever he cries.  She has told me several times in the last weeks to "Stop hurting my brother's feelings!".  

This morning the cat bit her.  Once I calmed her down she had a lot to say:
Cassie bit my shirt.  She bit Daddy's pants the other night.  This could happen to Emerson too.  I don't want it to happen to Emerson.  I will be really upset with Cassie if she does that.  Then I asked if she thought Cassie should live somewhere else, we talk about this sometimes but never move forward.  She thought really hard and said I think she should still stay here . . . for now.
_____

She's starting to understand some things about Sunday school and Bible stories.  She was reminding Tricia today that as her Godmother she is going to help teach her about Jesus.  The other night when we were driving home from dinner with friends she asked "Mom, why didn't Jesus's brother want his coat?"  

I quickly realized she must be talking about Joseph's coat.  "Do you know what jealous means Abby?" 
"No. Tell me".
"Jealous means you really want something that someone else has and it makes you feel angry they have it and you don't.  Did you ever feel like that?"
"No.  I just feel happy.  Jesus doesn't want us to be jealous, right?"
"Right".
"So why do they want his coat?"
"I don't know.  They must have really liked it."
"Jesus wants us to be happy, right?"
"Right."
"People are jealous of Jesus sometimes too".
"That's right Abby, because they want to be happy too".

This girl blows me away.


No comments:

Post a Comment