Ms. Abby has been giving us a run for our money since she turned four. She has not only gone deaf, but has become extra emotional. She has horrible tantrums and often is too rough with her little brother. I spent sometime sobbing the other night because we have obviously failed as parents and she is going to be a serial killer.
Then today when Emerson and I picked her up from preschool, she automatically handed him half of her snack. I didn't ask her to, Emerson didn't ask for it (yet). She just saw us, smiled, said hi and handed him some graham cracker. She's still in there!! My sweet, cuddle bug of a girl is still in there. She's still kind, loving and thoughtful. I just miss it with all the extra drama these days.
The sunshine and these sweet little moments today have renewed my spirit. Happy Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment