Thursday, October 18, 2012

39, feels like 79




This is how I feel today.

39 weeks pregnant with a toddler and a husband working mandatory overtime is exhausting.  My hips hurt, my bladder isn't what it used to be.  I feel like I should go check into a nursing home.  I'm just so tired that anything you would say to me today would probably make me cry.

This pregnancy has been much harder on me emotionally then the first one.  No matter what I do I can't get enough sleep because I'm so worried about something to come or feel guilty about something that happened that day.  We have decided to stop giving Abby naps because she can't settle down at night until 9:30-10:00 pm when she takes one.  It has been working great, she sleeps 11-12 hours a night and is usually asleep at 7:30-8:00 pm now.  She now has quiet time in her room for an hour while Mommy takes a nap.  This is the best sleep I get all day.

So how do we fix my night time sleeping?  I just can't turn my mind off.  
-When will this baby come?  Abby was 6 days early so that would be tomorrow.
-Will Abby feel like we don't love her anymore when the baby comes?
-How will the baby's sleep schedule affect my already bad temper when I can't sleep well?
-Will Abby wake up in the night because the baby is sleeping?
-Will this baby sleep through the night before I go back to work like Abby did?
-How will I manage two when sometimes just one is so overwhelming when I'm tired?
-What will Tim's role be in this new scenario? 
-Are all the people that say they will help really going to help?  Will I let them help or be too proud?
-Will this delivery go better?  Will I hemorrhage again?
-Do we make enough money to have two kids?
-Will I ever not be tired again?
-I am so much bigger this time, will I be able to accept my new body after this baby?
I could go on and on but that's just a few of my reoccurring worries.

What was your biggest worry the second or third or fourth time around?

1 comment:

  1. my biggest worry was nursing and what my wild child was going to do when i was trying to stay calm and nurse. my 1st didn't sit still for anything and couldn't focus on one thing. you are lucky with abby-you can get her to play with one thing for 30 minutes, you'll be fine. i was just worried he would be playing with knives and starting the house on fire while i nursed. i also worried i wouldn't get them to nap at the same time. i worried about health issues of the 2nd baby. i worried this 2nd baby wouldn't ever sleep through the night (this one came true!). but you know what---soooo worth it and i'm ready for #3 and i'm not totally crazy am i? you'll survive but you'll have "moments" and that's what we are all here for! to listen and nod and make you feel like you're in good company. RR

    ReplyDelete