Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas

This picture captures my favorite moment of Christmas this year.  Due to a lack of space and lack of trust that Abby would leave the presents alone, we didn't have any presents under the tree at all this year.  I had been up for an hour waiting for Abby to wake up Christmas morning.  Emerson was asleep after his 6 am feed and finally at about 7 am Abby was awake.  Daddy, Abby and I all came down the stairs and saw presents under the tree.  She stopped halfway on the staircase and looked and said "presents?".  Then she kneeled down in front of the tree and just looked.  She was so darling.  She would bring us one gift to see if it was for her or Emerson and amazing only opened her gifts.

The first gift she opened was a hit.  She played with this for awhile and then we had breakfast.  Sweet little Emerson stayed asleep long enough for us to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.  Breakfast was amazing - Christmas Brunch Casserole.  I used breakfast sausage instead of bacon.  The hash browns on the bottom were browned nicely.



  She opened the rest later in the morning.  When Emerson woke up, she opened his gifts for him and explained them all to him.  It was the perfect low key, calm, relaxed Christmas morning I wanted it to be.  I'm already excited for next year.


1 comment:

  1. love the way abby is positioned playing with those dinos. seems so classic of her. soooo nice of Emerson to let you eat breakfast. Next year we're coming over for xmas breakfast. I'll bring the oj. RR

    ReplyDelete