Sunday, November 6, 2011

Better

One of the reasons I get stressed out so easily is I'm the kind of person that is always thinking about what I could have done better. Today with the time change we were able to eat breakfast and get ready go to church. I made breakfast last night to make things easier for us - pumpkin cranberry muffins and a veggie breakfast strata (I'll be posting the recipes on cheap thoughts soon). We got to church almost on time. Abby was kind of wild so we took her to the nursery. She didn't cry the whole time, just played by herself happily.

Next we went to the park. The wind had really kicked up since we went to church. We didn't have a coat for Abby because I thought it was in my car bu we had a thin hoodie. All the other kids had winter coats. Abby was in heaven running around, sliding, swinging and even petting a friendly dog. Instead of completely savoring the smiles and laughter I kept looking for one other kid not properly dressed. We should have been better prepared.

Then comes the saga of lunch. We haven't made it to church on time since summer so we usually eat late breakfast and Tim and I aren't hungry until dinner. On and on we went figuring out what to do, sticking to the budget is so hard. But we picked up two things from PNS and were able to stay on track. But in my head "I should have better planned Sunday's meals and we didn't have a vegetable at lunch". Don't get me wrong I don't always have vegetables at lunch, usually I don't but I've been making a big effort lately so that adds to my stressors.

Now I finished making lasagna for dinner tonight and am making some meals for the week and wondering why I didn't plan more easy dishes.

Dear

1 comment:

  1. you don't give yourself ENOUGH credit for all the GREAT things you admitted you are able to do. you mention them lightly and then say BUT! the but doesn't ahve to be there. That you are able to identify things you want to improve on or be "better" at is a good sign as a mom. You take it seriously-the job of motherhood, and you have expectations of yourself-which is good. BUT! you are amazing in so many ways and need to remember that. don't let yourself cut YOU down for any little thing like lunch on sunday. plus-you are probably batteling the sunday blues in prep for the work week ahead and I know firsthand that it is hard to be "better" at everything that you mention with THAT going on.
    oh how joyous a world would feel if we mom's could feel less stress related to judgement. aka-just being able to enjoy those moments and be "present" as my sis would say instead of worrying what could have been done differently.
    you seriously rock at being a mom jess!

    RR

    ReplyDelete